Innovative hybrid approach – delivering real-time anti-malware protection
With over 200,000 new malicious programs appearing every day, it’s vital that your PC has the best in anti-malware protection. Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 combines traditional, proactive and cloud-based anti-malware technologies to deliver real-time defences:
Kaspersky’s latest anti-malware engine protects PCs against all types of malware, including:
- Computer viruses
- Trojan viruses
- Bots… and more
To deliver a rapid response to the emergence of new malware, Kaspersky also uses cloud-assisted techniques. The cloud-based Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) continually gathers information about new malware threats from millions of consenting users’ computers. This information enables Kaspersky to protect its customers against the very latest threats without having to wait for a new malware signature to be added to the malware database on customers’ PCs.
Even if you don’t consent to KSN automatically collecting threat information from your computer, your PC will still benefit from KSN’s ability to deliver a more rapid response to new and emerging malware.
Automatic Exploit Prevention
Even if your PC – and the applications you run on it – have not been kept up to date with the latest patches and fixes, Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 can prevent exploitation of vulnerabilities by:
- Controlling the launch of executable files from applications that contain vulnerabilities
- Analysing the behaviour of executable files – to identify similarities with malicious programs
- Restricting how applications that contain vulnerabilities are allowed to operate
Trusted Applications Mode
This new Kaspersky security technology uses information from Kaspersky’s Whitelisting Service to restrict which applications are allowed to run on your PC. Kaspersky is the only Internet security software supplier that has its own Whitelisting Lab. The lab assesses applications to establish whether they are safe for customers to run on their computers.
When you enable the Trusted Applications Mode, only applications that Kaspersky designates as ‘trusted’ will run on your PC. All other applications will be restricted.
Protection against screen lockers
Blocker Trojan viruses can prevent you from using your PC until you pay ‘ransom’ money for the blocker’s restrictions to be removed. If a cybercriminal ever uses a Blocker Trojan to try and take control of your PC, just activate Kaspersky’s protection against screen lockers and Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 will:
- Stop any dangerous processes
- Launch the necessary treatment procedures
In the unlikely event of malware finding its way onto your PC, Kaspersky’s unique System Watcher technology will:
- Detect dangerous behaviour on your PC
- Enable you to undo or roll back most types of malicious action
Optimised antivirus databases
With Kaspersky Internet Security 2014, your PC only needs to store relatively small antivirus databases. This helps to:
- Minimise the impact on your computer’s performance
- Reduce the time taken to install and update your Kaspersky security software
Internet protection – defends you against sophisticated, web-based malware attacks
Every month, hundreds of millions of web-borne infections and network security attacks are blocked. With Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 running on your PC, you’re free to enjoy the Web to the fullest extent… without constantly having to worry about Internet-based threats:
Kaspersky URL Advisor uses cloud-based data about the reputation of websites to alert you about links to suspicious and dangerous sites. Colour-coded indicator icons show you whether a link is:
- Suspicious, or
Kaspersky’s anti-phishing engine – and its regularly updated anti-phishing database – defends you against Internet fraudsters’ attempts to access your personal information.
Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 reliably filters out unwanted messages and delivers reports about any detected spam.
Safe Money – protects your money when you’re online banking or shopping
With Kaspersky Internet Security 2014, whenever you attempt to log in to an online bank, payment system website or shopping website, Kaspersky’s unique Safe Money technology protects your money and your personal information, by:
- Comparing the website’s URL against a database of secure websites
- Checking the certificate used to set up the secure connection, to prevent you being directed to a fake site
- Checking your PC for any operating system vulnerabilities that could affect online banking
- Automatically offering to open the website in Kaspersky’s special Safe Money mode – for an extra level of security against the theft of your personal and financial information
The latest version of Safe Money also gives you:
- A choice of web browsers that can be used for Safe Money activities
- An extended list of websites that are already supported by Safe Money – and the option to add further sites to the list
Secure Keyboard and Virtual Keyboard – protect your data from keyloggers
Because cybercriminals use keylogger programs and screen-capture malware to record the keys that you press to enter your bank account details, credit card number or other valuable information, Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 includes two special security technologies:
Whenever you visit a bank or payment website – or enter a password within any web page – Kaspersky’s Secure Keyboard feature is automatically activated. Secure Keyboard lets you enter data via your PC’s physical keyboard, safe in the knowledge that your information cannot be accessed by keyloggers.
Instead of using your keyboard to enter sensitive information – such as passwords and account details – the Virtual Keyboard feature lets you use mouse clicks to enter data so your valuable information can’t be tracked or stolen by keyloggers, hackers or identity thieves.
Optimised for ease of use and performance
If security software is simple to set up and manage, it’s more likely to be used more effectively. Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 is designed to provide you with easy-to-use PC protection that doesn’t drain your PC’s performance:
Improved user interface
The main display window has been updated to comply with the latest thinking on efficient user interfaces.
Only frequently used settings are included on the main interface – so they’re easier to use and navigate.
Redesigned and revised scan features
The application’s redesigned Task Manager makes it easier to view the status of scanning processes and to see how security processes are making use of your PC’s resources.
Optimised for Windows
Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 has been optimised for Windows 8.
Fast start-up, shutdown and reaction times
Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 has been optimised to deliver:
- Rapid start-up
- Faster shutdown time
- Quicker reaction to the Kaspersky security commands and settings that you select
Low consumption of PC resources
Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 has minimal impact on:
- Network activity
- The installation of programs
- The launch of web browsers
- The launch of applications
In addition, a special Gamer Mode ensures an uninterrupted gaming experience – while still keeping you secure.
Uses less battery power
When it’s installed on a laptop that’s running on battery power, Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 automatically limits its use of resources so your laptop can operate for longer periods without recharging.
Award-winning Parental Control technologies
Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 provides Internet safety for kids by giving you flexible control over your children’s use of both the PC and the Internet:
Controls for Internet usage
- Monitor and limit children's Internet usage
- Block Internet usage for a specified number of minutes every hour
- Prevent access to inappropriate categories of websites – or to individual websites
- Block specific types of download – including video files, music and applications
Controls for social networking
- Control communications on social networks
- Block any unwanted contacts
- View the time and date that new contacts were added on social networks
- Apply different restrictions for specific days, times of day or hours per day
- Block specific applications or groups of applications, such as games
- Prevent the sharing of private data – including phone numbers and credit card numbers
- Generate reports that give you more detail about children’s PC and Internet usage
Predefined user profiles
By providing a set of predefined user profiles – including ‘Child’ and ‘Teenager’ – Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 makes it easier for you to activate appropriate Parental Control settings for each child.
A special game ratings feature makes it easy to block or allow access to specific games depending on ratings held in a database on the PC and in the cloud. A game’s rating is based on a number of parameters, including the:
- Child’s age
- Type of game
- Content of the game – for example, whether it includes violence or the use of weapons